Saturday, August 10, 2013

Thoughts on change.

There was a quote I heard recently which read:

"You are perfect exactly as you are. With all your flaws and problems, there's no need to change anything. All you need to change is the thought that you have to change."

I found this quote really interesting. Because, where is the line between changing yourself because you feel insecure, inadequate, or insufficient, and changing yourself for the good of bettering yourself, and improving who you are? I set a goal, and want to get there; I want to improve, be better, look better, try harder, do more. Isn't that all change? Where I see the real issue come in, is when we base our self worth on the changes we want for ourselves, and not in the small, daily accomplishments we achieve while working towards something much, much bigger. I can't change everything about myself that I would like to in a day, but I can work every day to get a little closer towards positive change. And I can love myself for doing that. LOVE, people. We beat ourselves up so much over every little crack in the walls. If we see ourselves not doing enough, fast enough, and don't see the results quickly enough, we immediately place that blame on ourselves.

Change, when it comes down to it, is the driving force behind all the good that comes in life. Its what helps us to progress, make goals, change goals, find ourselves, become who we want to be. But in doing that, it's remembering that change doesn't happen overnight, and it doesn't happen in one fell swoop. But as long as you're trying, you're changing.

And that's really all that matters in the end. 

No comments:

Post a Comment