Friday, May 3, 2013

Real life, guys.

Hey all. So I haven't died or anything...I just suck at maintaining a blog and not failing finals. So maybe I fell off the side of the technological Earth for a few...months. So sue me.

Anyways. Yesterday this happened:


My best friend in the whole world is going to PARIS, FRANCE for 18 months to serve as a missionary for our church. 

The emotions I could use to explain this event include: happy, thrilled, elated, excited, and a billion other synonyms, which I'm happy about because that masks the tinge of extreme sadness at the thought of surviving life without my best friend for 18 months. But it is all so worth it in the end. I can't even really write out how I really am feeling about all of this right here, because I will start crying and I am not really in a crying-friendly environment at the current moment. That sounds sketchy. But you know, like that ugly cry...the one where your chin starts to quiver all attractively and your face gets splotchy and you start to gasp for breaths? Yeah you don't want to see it. 

So I'll just leave it at this. 

Paris, you are one lucky city. 

No comments:

Post a Comment